About Dr. Amit Chakrabarty
MS, MCh (Neurosurgery)
HOD - Neuro Vascular Surgery & Senior Consultant
Neuro Surgery in Eternal Hospital
An MCh in Neurosurgery from SMS Medical College and a Fellowship in Cerebrovascular Surgery and Micro Neurosurgery from Helsinki University Central Hospital, Dr. Amit Chakrabarty has over 18 years of experience in the field. The areas of his special interest include Neurovascular surgery and Skull base surgery. He has published widely in various national and international journals of repute and is a Life Member of Neurological Society and Neurotrauma Society of India.
Fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery and micro neurosurgery - Helsinki University central hospital, Helsinki, Finland.
MCh- Neurosurgery, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, India.
MS-General Surgery - G.R. Medical College, Gwalior, India.
MBBS - Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India.
HOD - Neuro Vascular Surgery & Senior Consultant - Neuro Surgery in Eternal Hospital
Ex. Sr. Consultant Neurosurgeon - Rukmini Birla Hospital, Jaipur
Consultant Neurosurgeon - Eternal Hospital, Jaipur
Consultant Neurosurgeon - Barala Hospital and Research Centre, Jaipur
Fellowship in cerebrovascular surgery and micro neurosurgery at Helsinki University central hospital, Helsinki, Finland.
Consultant in Neurosurgery - Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata, India
Consultant in Neurosurgery - Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Male’ Maldives.
Asstt. Consultant in Neurosurgery - S.K. SONI Hospital, Jaipur, India.
Neurosurgical residency - S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, India
Registrar in Neurosurgery - Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India
Registrar in Neurosurgery - Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi, India.
Surgery residency - G.R. Medical College, Gwalior, India.
Junior Resident in Anatomy - Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradoon, India.
- Vascular neurosurgery
- Micro neurosurgery
- Brain Tumours
Neurosurgical clinical visits
- Clinical observer ship in department of Neurosurgery,SGPGI, Lucknow,India from 01-05-2008 to 15-05-2008.
- Clinical observer ship in department of neurosurgery,AIIMS, New Delhi, India from 01-02-2008 to 27-02-2008.
Neurosurgical workshops and hands-on courses:
Apart from regular NSI and NTSI conferences
- Participated in 11th Helsinki live microneurosurgical operative course 5th to 10th June 2011.
- Attended Helsinki-Paris linnc course 23rd to 25thMay 2011.
- Attended preconference cadaveric cranial dissection workshop at NSI conference, Jaipur, Dec.2010.
- Attended 18th annual conference of Neurotrauma Society of India at Jaipur, India, 7th -9th August 2009.
- Cadaveric hands on workshop in Thoracolumbar fixation on 26.02.2008 at an International symposium on thoracolumbar diseases held in Jaipur, India.
- Hands on cadaveric workshop in spinal instrumentation and spinal endoscopy on 01.10.2006 at Jaipur, India.
- 6th Annual national conference of Neurospinalsurgeon’s foundation of India:27th Sept.-1st Oct,2006, S.M.S. medical college, Jaipur, India.
- 5th M.P. NEUROCON :7th -8th February,2004, Gwalior, India.
- Workshop on polytrauma: 16th Dec. 2001, Sahara hospital, Gwalior, India
1. Faculty AASNS (Neurotrauma}
2. Faculty WFNS (Neuro rehabilitation & Reconstructivesurgery)
3. Executive member (elect) Neurotrauma society of India
4. Life member Neurological society of India
5. Life member Neurotrauma society of India
6. Secretary Neurotrauma society of Jaipur
Own research work
"Critical evaluation of international prostate symptom score as a measure to determine outcome of patients undergoing transurethral resection of prostate / transurethral incision of prostate” Masters degree thesis 2001-2004 G.R.M.C., Gwalior, India.
1."The efficacy of transforaminal epidural steroid injection in lumbosacral radiculopathy"
Neurology India,Year:2011 | Volume:59 | Issue:5 | Page: 685-689
Chinmoy Roy, Nilay Chatterjee, Satya Narayan Patro, Amit Chakrabarty, G.R. Vijay Kumar, Robin Sengupta,
2.Video publication in surgical neurology international
3.Video publication in surgical neurology international
4."Anatomy and Morphology of giant aneurysms-Angiographic Study of 125 Consecutive cases"
ActaNeurochirugica, Jan 2014, Volume 156, Issue 1, pp 1-10
Ville Nurminen,MartinLehecka,AmitChakrabarty,RikuKivisaari, Hanna Lehto,MikaNiemela,JuhaHernesniemi
5."Cerebral microdialysis for assessing intracerebral hypoglycemia: Can it act as a prognostic marker in severe traumatic brain injury?" Neurology India, march-april, 2016
6.Artical reviewer in (10.12688/f1000research.6799.2) Munakomi S and Bhattarai B. Case Report: A case report of unstable Hangman fracture in a eighty year old male
7. Quantitative research ontraumaticbrain injury in India : The Travails and the new optimisim ; Neurology India /Volume 65/ issue 2 / March-April 2017 ; V D Sinha, Amit Chakrabarty
8.Pattern of reporting and practices for the management of traumatic brain injury: An overview of published literature from India;Neurology India |
Amit Agrawal, Amey Savardekar1, Mitasha Singh2, Ranabir Pal2, Dhaval P Shukla1,Andres M Rubiano3, Virendra D Sinha4, Geetha R Menon5, Sagar Galwankar6,Luis Rafael Moscote-Salazar3, Prashant Bhandarkar7, Ashok Munivenkatappa8,Ugan Meena4, Amit Chakrabarty9
Volume 66 | Issue 4 | July-August 2018
9. Source: Neurotrauma- A comprehensive Textbook on Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury - Kevin Wang
Publication: Oxford University Press
Chapter: Challenges in Neurotrauma Management in India and Rapidly Growing Developing Countries
Author(s):VirendraDeo Sinha, G. K. Prusty, Amit Chakrabarty
10. Neurosurgery in SMS Medical College – from bare necessity to excellenceNeurology India | Volume 66 | Issue 5 | September – October 2018;VirendraDeo Sinha, Amit Chakrabarty